Let's perform this quiz in pairs!
1) Name three places where you see films.
2) What is the difference between a cartoon and an animated film?
3) What does "filmic" mean?
4) What is a "film noir"?
5) If something is filmy, is it thin or thick?
6) What is "a roll of film"?
7) What is the difference between "a director" and "a producer"?
8) Find two meanings of "film" that have nothing to do with cinema and Hollywood.
In the Speaking exam, you will be expected to talk on your own about two photographs for about two minutes.
The interview will begin with the examiner saying something like:
In this part of the test I'm going to give each of you two photographs. I'd like you to talk about your photographs on your own for about 1 minute and also to answer a short question about your partner's photographs.
(Candidate A), here are your photographs. They show......................
I'd like you to compare and contrast these photographs and say.................
Notice there are TWO instructions here,
a) 'Compare and contrast' the two photographs,
b) 'say..........................' .
In Part 2 candidates need to show they can compare but also give an opinion.
So you will also need to,
Have a look at the following presentation and work on your skills
1. Identical twins start out as a __________ accident.
2. A single developing embryo splits to form two _________ people, so it´s not surprising, since they started out as one person, that they are so much __________.
3. Next to their older brother Taylor, you´d think they were three brothers of different ______.
4. It´s not fair, but one twin often gets the lion´s _______of nutrition.
5. Louisville University have been studying twins for over ______ years.
6. The basic bulding blocks are _________, personality and temperament.
7. The speaker´s single factor in determining intelligence is in our _______, but environmental influences such as food, education and most of all parents, can have important __________ ot stunting effects.
8. Intelligence is like ____________, without proper stimulation they´ll never reach full genetic potential, but equally if you are already there, you probably won´t go much higher.
9. Best prediction can be made on the ________of how far mother and father went to school.
10. You can´t make children __________ than they are programmed to be.